What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
The candidate must have more than 5 years of experience in IT. This role is for a Digital Process Automation engineer with experience in application design/data modeling/Development, Rest APIs & performance tuning and providing Level4 support and building infrastructure for new client on-boarding and operations applications. Candidate will be responsible and working on application design and development, and support.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What You Will Be Responsible For
As Low Code Digital Process Automation Engineer you will
- Work independently to analyze, design and develop workflow automation solutions solving both business and technical problems including modifications to core frameworks and other primary facilities critical to system operation
- Collaborate with UI/UX Designers, Business Analysts and Product - Managers to turn business requirements into working and sustainable software
- Provide thought leadership in the design of UI Frameworks
- Provide guidance and critical analysis of proposed changes during code reviews
- Write unit and automation tests to ensure a high-quality end-product
- Identify ways of improving development test methodologies and related test methodology frameworks
- Conduct manual tests to ensure a high-quality end-product
- Provide troubleshooting on large, mission critical client implementations
- Actively assist team leaders in the agile software development process by adhering to and advancing the scrum methodology including attending all daily standups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and retrospectives
- Plan and coordinate cross-team activities groups to complete assignments
- Provide mentoring to technical staff of all levels
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Solid foundation in application design and development principles, best practices, and a passion for designing meaningful digital experiences
- Experience designing financial applications
- Experience designing wireframes and using modern design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite and other prototyping tools.
- Accustomed to delivering work on time
- Comfortable with taking feedback from stakeholders and iterating on solutions until the business requirements are adequately met and business owners are comfortable.
- Ability to guide and direct design conversation whether with business stakeholders or other designers
- Ability to be detail-oriented, well organized, with excellent time-management skills
- Strong communication skills, including ability to comfortably present to peers and clients
- Experience creating and working with design systems is a plus
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of progressively responsible professional software engineering experience
- B.S. degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, and Physics or other technical course of study required. MS degree strongly preferred.
- Experience with BPM/Robotics tools like Unqork, Camunda, Appian, Pega System, Blue Prism, UiPath etc. a plus.
- Able to design and develop software solutions to business and technical problems of high complexity
- Knowledge of APIs and experience of software integration
- Ability to determine platform/tool for development e.g. Robotics, AI, Low-code configuration platforms
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Adherence to global development standards published by GTS
- Participation in solution implementation
- Owns the development process, content and results
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Agile working practice, structured project management, and communication
- A minimum of 5 years working with an Agile development methodology
May be required to have meetings with stakeholders in other time zones as needed (with advance notice)
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Job ID: R-713092