Owned by Tokyo-based Rakuten and headquartered in Toronto, Rakuten Kobo Inc. is one of the most advanced global e-commerce companies, with the world’s most innovative eReading services offering more than 6 million eBooks and audiobooks to 30 million + customers in 190 countries. Kobo delivers the best digital reading experience through creative innovation, award-winning eReaders, and top-ranking mobile apps. Kobo is a part of the Rakuten group of companies.
Rakuten Kobo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in the selection process are available on request. Any information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. Rakuten Kobo would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.
Work Location: Remote, Toronto
Rakuten Kobo is looking for a low code/no code engineer to join the Business Operations group’s new low-code tooling team to support the continuous improvement and automation of business processes.
The Business Operations team is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of Rakuten Kobo’s processes and platforms, with specific focus on the content pipeline that facilitates the transfer of books from publishers and authors into the hands of our readers. The Low Code Developer will work with a Low Code Development Lead to help develop our team’s tooling practice, and work with our operations and delivery teams to integrate low code tooling workflows into Rakuten Kobo’s development and release pipelines.
As a Low Code Developer, you’ll work daily with our operations analysts to build tools to automate processes, improve operational efficiency, and reduce toil. The Low Code Developer will collect requirements from stakeholders, brainstorm solutions, and deliver applications with minimal traditional coding needed. Once delivered, the developer will also create documentation and training for tool users.
The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with experience building and shipping low-code tooling solutions to business problems. They have a history of working collaboratively with non-technical stakeholders to come up with creative solutions, and a passion for process improvement. The candidate is a self-starter with a keen sense of ownership and a desire to create tools that enable others to do their jobs well.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining low-code solutions for improving business workflows.
- Design & Develop low-code tooling solutions
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for low-code solutions to business processes
- Work collaboratively with business operations teams and R&D developers and architects to design and develop the solutions
- Act in a developer capacity responsible for building and designing features and tools using ReTool or other low-code solutions
- Implementing and/or working with automated testing
Monitoring & Maintenance:
- Participate in system upgrade and support activities as needed
- Test and debug applications in conjunction with end users
- Tuning and ensuring that application and queries are performant
Training & Documentation
- Provide support, advice and guidance to help solve any technological problems which arise.
- Develop and update documentation for tools
- Provide training materials to ensure team members and end users can use and support programs as needed
- Provide code-review and QA for other low-code tools output
- 1+ years designing and developing low-code applications, preferably in the eCommerce or technical support domain.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with UX/UI design preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a distributed team environment.
- Strong self-starter with a desire for continuous learning
- Strong desire to produce high quality business solutions
- Specific experience with ReTool and Zendesk preferred
- Flexible hours and remote working environment
- Full benefits starting from your first day
- Paid Volunteer days, unlimited sick days, and 3% RRSP matching
- Monthly commuting allowance and internet allowance
- Flexible health spending account
- Talent and development training budget
- Free Kobo device + free weekly e-book or audiobook
- Weekly Kobo Tech University sessions
- Maternity/paternity leave top up