Spherics is an award-winning carbon accounting software start-up based in Bristol, UK. Our technologies empower businesses to respond to climate legislation, produce stakeholder emissions reports and engage with setting science-based targets.
By working with a clever combination of technology (natural language processing & machine learning) and climate science expertise, we automate the collection of expenditure data and gather extra information on business activities to produce a carbon footprint that are compliant with the Greenhouse Gas Protocol methodology.
We’ve been recognised as the best early-stage climate tech in the UK by TechNation, winning the Rising Star Award in 2021. We were also awarded grant funding through Innovate UK’s renowned Sustainable Innovation Fund in 2020. To mark our commitment to be a responsible business and authentically lead other businesses, Spherics has certified B Corp status. Most importantly, we lead by example and have committed to achieving science-based net zero emissions by 2025.
Our mission is to illuminate the path to net zero by 2030 for millions of businesses, by providing quick and affordable technologies to support their decarbonisation journeys.
The role: Webflow Website Developer 1 year contract.
We are contracting a Website Developer (3+ years experience) to support our team with a website rebrand, followed by ongoing support longer term. We are looking for an experienced developer who knows the ins and outs of Webflow and can convert our detailed Figma designs into reality.
The initial piece of work will be a full website re-brand, with some tweaks to page structure. We estimate this work to take around 10-15 days to complete. We would like this delivered as soon as possible, and expect a minimum of 3 days per week, starting mid October.
Following the rebrand phase we expect a further 10-11 months of your time at approximately 2 days per month, this can be delivered on a more ad-hoc basis.
We would also look to agree a day rate up front, for any additional work done outside of the agreed monthly retainer.
Technical experience in:
- Webflow design
- Webflow structure
- Technical SEO
- 3rd party apps, Intercom, iubenda
- Figma designs
- Cookie management
- Web formatting (HTML, CSS)
What We’re Looking For:
- Great communication, the role is fully remote so this is key .
- Future proof design - work with us to understand our goals and develop the website with that in mind.
- Always asking questions and making suggestions, if you spot a way to improve the site, please suggest.
- An eye for visual and interaction design.
- Experience of working with Marketing teams to translate requirements.
- Able to work within a small but growing team.
- Passion for Climate Tech and the Environment.
- A long term relationship.
As a Website Developer, your main task will be converting website designs into reality. More broadly:
- Supporting with design strategy to ensure the designs produced are technically deliverable
- Responsible for auditing the designs to confirm they match the website
- Optimizing website performance and responsiveness to ensure a clean, intuitive user experience
- Building robust landing pages which are modular and secure which enhance SEO performance
- Ensuring the website is built in such a way that search engines can easily land on our pages.
- Maintaining the overall health of the website tracking broken links, keeping an eye on hosting etc
- Significant experience developing Webflow websites
- Experience working with clients to manage a website
- Good understanding of security and performance considerations
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns
- General familiarity with a wide variety of 3rd party tools, such as intercom and Iubenda
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Remote working (Europe time-zone) approach
- Flexible on time
How to apply
Please send your CV, portfolio and rates to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be interviewing as and when applications arrive.