Website designers at The Digital Ring are responsible for conceptualizing and creating web designs that support our clients' broader marketing (and business) goals. They work primarily in Webflow, although experience designing WordPress sites is a plus.
The ideal candidate will be skilled at designing other digital marketing collateral, including ads and emails. They'll also be familiar with the process of branding, and eager to help our clients develop and refine their visual brand identity: logo, colors, typography, iconography, and more.
Other required skills involve being proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative. This person must also be an excellent communicator. This role is client-facing; our designers play a large role in "selling" ideas to clients: presenting their work, rationalizing how they got there, and explaining why the client should buy-in to their vision.
What this job entails:
- Participate in client "discovery" calls to learn about clients' organization, objectives, design preferences, and more
- Conduct high-level research to understand our clients' competitors/market from a design perspective
- Design and build websites in Webflow
- Design digital marketing collateral, including digital ads and emails
- Design traditional marketing collateral, including print ads, brochures, and signage
- Drive the branding process: use competitive/industry research to recommend visual brand positioning (e.g. color, typography, and imagery), and design logos, icons, and other brand assets
- Present work to clients in a clear, compelling manner; provide creative rationale for the design decisions made
- Follow trends across the design industry to bring the freshest perspectives to work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed a degree in Design, Marketing, Communications, or Business — or a similar field of learning, or commensurate experience
- At least 3 years of professional website design experience (Webflow-focused)
- A portfolio that shows a range of designs, with emphasis on websites (Webflow-focused)
- Advanced knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Webflow, as well as digital design tools: Adobe XD, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- A solid understanding of marketing principles to support our Accounts and PDA teams as they develop our clients' strategy
- The skill and organizational skills needed to work efficiently and juggle multiple projects
- The ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with clients and internal team members alike
- The ability to skillfully "sell" ideas to clients: to present your work in a clear, compelling manner
- The ability to respond positively to and learn from constructive feedback
Job Classification: Salaried, exempt
Work Environment: Full-time remote
Equal Opportunity Employer: The Digital Ring is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and any other consideration covered by federal, state and local laws.